Re: [Evolution] What is the format for rules in filters.xml? How can I alter or creat rules?

Mageia 5 Linux offers only 3.13.90.  Mageia 6 may have a more
recent version, but when that will emerge is uncertain.

I have enough difficulty keeping GNOME functional on my system
without going to applications not packaged for Mageia.  (I do
not care for KDE and derivatives from it, that are used by most
Mageia users.  GNOME I like.) Trying to go outside the Mageia
distro would simply introduce new problems, for a system that
generally works.

In the case at hand, it would probably be possible to grab the
source code for evolution, find the sections that provide
creation and modification of filters, and deduce how to put
together rules in filters.xml that would do what I want.

But it would be much easier if someone could simply provide a
copy of the specifications on how to put together rules and use
a vi editor to create and modify them.

Cheers!

jim b.

--