Re: [Evolution] All folders have disappeared

On Mon, 2016-06-13 at 16:01 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
That weirdness could happen, if an install is upgraded by
running a user session is very, very unlikely, barely possible.

        Hi,
consider background processes, used by multiple clients. Just like
evolution-data-server D-Bus services. If you close the evolution, then
these can be still left running, because other  clients (applications)
are still using them.

Having a version update for these background processes means restart of
everything what uses them, for example including GNOME Shell, if you
run it. The re-login or restart is a safe bet.

There had been claims by users that they install a 3rd-party module
into the evolution, configure a mail account for it and it is not shown
in the folder tree; it's usually reported for things like
the evolution-ews. The reason was that the background processes did not
have loaded the bits for the 3rd-party module, thus the other parts
didn't show what they should show. Re-login or restart fixed it.

These background processes do not have influence on the folder tree's
'triangles', as far as I know. It's all up to the gtk+ (gtk3).

Just my 2 cents with the past experience when reading about user issues
here, on bugzilla and on IRC.
        Bye,
        Milan