Re: [Evolution] Evolution and OAuth2 - was Evolution 3.20.2 does not update Google Tasks

On Sat, 2016-06-11 at 07:40 +0100, Barry Drake wrote:
On 11/06/16 00:31, Johannes Winterhalter wrote:

Evolution 3.16.5 from Opensuse 42.1 has the correct tasks and does
refreshing. On the path to 3.20.5 (Opensuse Tumbleweed) something
happened that lets Evolution be stuck with the local copy of tasks.
Hi ... Can you tell me if the really annoying bug that I have reported a
number of times over the course of a few years!!  No one has ever
confirmed it (why?) so it was still there in the last release.  The
address book should integrate with Google contacts. It has come up with
the following error message:  Unable to connect to
https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps

Please don't hijack threads.  This is nothing to do with the subject of
this thread - i.e. Google Tasks in 3.20.2

When you go to that URL, you see this message:  Important: ClientLogin
has been officially deprecated since April 20, 2012 and is now no longer
available. Requests to ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response.
We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible.  On that
page, is the URL that needs to be called.

Can anyone out there do this?  Or make some waves?

Surely this is just because Evolution doesn't currently natively do
OAuth2 - this is known and frequently talked about on this list. And I
mean frequently. It is NOT a bug. You need to provision the Google
account in Evolution using Gnome Online Accounts (aka GoA), that is how
it is supposed to work.

You say you've "reported" it - where? If you've filed a bug in Gnome
Bugzilla, then what is it's ID?

An upcoming release of Evolution will be able to do OAuth2 natively
though.

P.