Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.20.2 does not update Google Tasks

On 11/06/16 00:31, Johannes Winterhalter wrote:
Evolution 3.16.5 from Opensuse 42.1 has the correct tasks and does refreshing. On the path to 3.20.5 (Opensuse Tumbleweed) something happened that lets Evolution be stuck with the local copy of tasks.
Hi ... Can you tell me if the really annoying bug that I have reported a number of times over the course of a few years!! No one has ever confirmed it (why?) so it was still there in the last release. The address book should integrate with Google contacts. It has come up with the following error message: Unable to connect to https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps

The call is in camel-sasl-oauth2-google.c, but I don't know where it gets the URL string that needs changing. I guess I'd do the fix, if I understood a bit more! How long is that going to take someone who knows their way around the code?

When you go to that URL, you see this message: Important: ClientLogin has been officially deprecated since April 20, 2012 and is now no longer available. Requests to ClientLogin will fail with a HTTP 404 response. We encourage you to migrate to OAuth 2.0 as soon as possible. On that page, is the URL that needs to be called.

Can anyone out there do this?  Or make some waves?

Kind regards,        Barry.