Re: [Evolution] Feature request: Signatures without '--'

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:07 PM, bg <bg fdi us> wrote:
I find those preceeding "--" before signatures in e-mails very
disturbing.
I agree with this.

bg:

Then you are not thinking it completely through. Surely it cannot have escaped
you that that artifact appears ahead of the sig block for a reason. Very likely a
reason that does a service for a great many users of the software. Your request
to eliminate it is therefore profoundly self-centered and thus wholly undeserving
of consideration.

This looks like the "html is unnecessary in emails" discussion.

For sure there's a good reason why it exists, but that reason does not
seem to be valid in business world usage of email. In business world,
I get 40k emails a year on average, and never seen it.

If Evolution encourages usage in corporate world with MS Exchange
servers and the colleagues using Outlook, then we need to play with
the rules of Outlook. Outlook do not have such preceeding "--".

My two cents...

Thanks,
Emre