Re: [Evolution] Forward and Reply hang

On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 10:21 -0400, reid vail wrote:
I will run from the command line and capture the error.

        Hi,
is the evolution frozen (stuck), or it crashes and disappears? The
difference is when the former happens, then you can catch a backtrace
and check what it does (and where), just install debuginfo packages for
the evolution-data-server and evolution (not its dependencies, really
only these two are enough for now) and run gdb to capture the backtrace
of the running (stuck) evolution:
  $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).

Then someone can search for the similar backtrace in the GNOME bugzilla
https://bugzilla.gnome.org and if a match is found, eventually with a
patch/commit reference, then you can try to backport that change into
your old version and build only the evolution with that particular
change, without a need to build also the evolution-data-server and then
eventually also everything what uses either of the two (building to a
different prefix can mean to build less projects, but the version gap
is large, and you cannot run two versions of the D-Bus services at the
same time, thus it makes things very hard when you'd want to mix the
two versions on one machine).
        Bye,
        Milan