[Evolution] 1) Contact Categories CardDav, 2) Client offline connection

Hey,

i am testing version 3.18.5 on Debian/KDE Plasma. Two questions:

1) I added a new CardDav addressbook and all contacts synced well. When
i double click a contact i see that the categories is correctly
populated. But the Categories dropbox (Next to the Show label) does not
sync with the available categories in the contacts. Is there a way to
somehow pick a category and filter the contacts according to my
selection?

2) When i open Evolution it reports that my connection is offline and
that it will get back online when the connection is restored. I am on
behind a router using an ethernet cable (no wi-fi). All other apps are
connecting to the internet. In the FAQ it says to check whether the
network has been setup correctly. I am not sure what it is meant by
this. What do i have to check in order to fix this? (If i force the
client to be online it correctly connects).

Thanks for your help!