Re: [Evolution] Questions About Upgrading Evolution

On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 13:17 -0600, Frank M Waterman wrote:
I am running Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.  I installed Evolution 3.18.5.2
through Ubuntu's Software Center. I think it is the most marvelous
personal information management tool I have ever encountered.

If you are happy with how an application is performing ... why worry
about it?

is so far behind.  It also has me wondering if I ought to download
the tarball for Evolution 3.22.1 or 3.22.2 and use Synaptic Package
Manager to install it since the

NO!  Evolution is top-of-the-stack, to get current with Evolution
requires a current stack; so it is a lot of work.   If Current GNOME is
important to you then perhaps the version of Ubuntu you are using is a
less than optimal choice;  Current GNOME is not a concern for Ubuntu.

But again - if you are happy and getting stuff done - why bother with
it?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383