Re: [Evolution] Unable to save attachment

The HTML of the message you received says to display the attachment
as part of the body of the message which is what webkit tries to do.
But the attachment is a Word Document, and there is no mechanism
within Evolution to display Word Documents in-line so it puts in the
"Missing Plug-in" icon.

The attachment IS a PDF, but is marked in the message as a DOCX
document (Word 2013 or greater).  Who/whatever generated the message
botched it.

This is relatively common - people print-to-pdf an M$-Office document
but keep the file extension and then send it - and the type is
determined [erroneously] from the file extension rather than the
metadata or magic number.  I also suspect some people get clever with
Macros - and they are not developers - and they whip up something that
generates this mess automatically [so good luck convincing them it is
their fault].

Shrug.  I see this regularly.  If users don't know what you are doing
or understand file-types they are pretty much just screwed - but it is
an complete flub on the **SENDERS** behalf.  This is always a fun one
for the help desk guys - as far as the user is concerned it is always
the applications fault. :(

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383