Re: [Evolution] EWS with Netscaller pre-login and two-factor?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 03:29:54PM -0500, Rufus wrote:
On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 07:39:24PM +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 11:26 -0400, rufus fastmail co uk wrote:
Is there anything i can do to setup Evolution EWS to work with this
or am i out of luck?  I had a look at how Davmail was trying to do it
also, and they weren't dealing with this Citrix Netscaler thing,
although there was some patches where they were passing multiple
passwords into the system.

    Hi,
the OWA and the EWS interfaces are quite different things. The
evolution-ews cannot deal with redirected password prompts, definitely
not those where you are asked in a web page to provide your
credentials. The evolution-ews is not a browser, thus cannot deal with
such requests.
I understand. Makes sense.

A chance would be if you'd be able to setup some tunnel, where you'll
pre-authenticate and then the evolution-ews will connect through that
tunnel, which will be already unlocked.

The last time I heard about similar pre-authentication, it was handled
per machine/IP/MAC, which meant that you did the pre-authentication in
a browser, then any application could access the site behind this
"security wall" without being asked for the extra credentials. Hard to
tell whether your site works the same, you might give it a try. If
it'll work, then you do not need any tunnel.

I've been tinkering with this, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to
work for me yet... I think (not sure) that it must be handled in the
web session somehow when i authenticate from citrix netscaler and then
get redirected to the EWS OWA url.
I've confirmed this by opening up a second browser... it complains at
me and asks me to login again.

Also, strangely, when I open up another browser it asks me to log in
again... so its definitely not looking at my MAC or IP.

By the way, how does Outlook handle this situation?

I'm definitely not able to use outlook on this workstation... I can
only use outlook on a desktop as a service system running windows,
again, authenticated through citrix.

It's a mess and I have a lot of mail. :/   I'll let you know if I come
up with anything.  Maybe I can get davmail to sit in the middle and
then have evolution pull from that via imap/etc..

    Bye,
    Milan