Re: [Evolution] fixed message list width in vertical mode?

On Fri, 2016-08-12 at 13:43 +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
Am Freitag, den 12.08.2016, 12:31 +0100 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

It's how it does work, don't know about "should" because people can
have different opinions.

Agreed. That's why I was asking, after all. ;)

I suspect resizing the message pane would not be a popular change.
And of course you can always resize the various columns manually by
dragging the separators.

Yes. That's what I have seen, and that's what I am doing by now, too.
And that's where it doesn't really work in an expected way. If I
*manually* set any of the columns to an actual size, I would expect
this (manually assigned) size to be preserved when making the window
smaller.

That's not what happens: Even if I *manually* set both columns to a
convenient size, at least the message list column width is changed
(shrinked) when un-maximizing the window so I continuously have to
resize this column in example when working with different displays
(laptop, docked monitor, ...). This is not a major pain but not really
convenient.

If you feel strongly about it, file a Request For Enhancement (RFE) on
Bugzilla (and quote the reference here in case anyone else is
interested). That way there'll be a record and some day it might
happen. Otherwise it's likely to be forgotten.

poc