[Evolution] Manual migration of evolution to new machine

The old laptop died of disk failure and I am faced with migrating evolution to
a new laptop.

I have

(1) a month old evolution-backup-...-tar.gz file,
(2) a week old image of the entire user directory and
(3) most files touhced or created in the last week from .local/share/evolution minus a few individual mail messages and the folders.db file (unrecoverable
from the disk, I'm afraid)

The old version of evolution is 3.12.11 (Fedora 21),
the new one is 3.20.4 (Fedora 24).

I would appreciate comments about strategy for transferring
all to the new installation.

My plan, based on the help page

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.en

is to copy .local/share/evolution, .config/evolution, .config/evolution/sources and .config/dconf from the week old image to the new Fedora installation (removing whatever might be there) and then add in the files modified in the last week.

I am ignoring the older evolution-backup...tar.gz file since it's
older; I will remove the folders.db files since it can't be correct.

Will this be sufficient? For example, do I need to re-trigger the "first run assistant"?
I have already experimented with getting evo running without performing
the migration (no problems). But I am unsure if the assistant is needed to upgrade the
data file formats I will be copying over and how to get it to run.

Also, I notice that lots of evolution-related processes continue to run
even when I invoke evolution --force-shutdown. Do I need to kill these
before starting the migration?

Many thanks for pointers and helpful comments.