Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 129, Issue 10

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 07:51 -0700, Brewster Gillett wrote:
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 13:27 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<snip>

However as I've said before, the justification for using Digest
mode on
lists has virtually disappeared. If at all possible people should
avoid
it. It belongs to the days of slow dial-up modems. I'm not saying
we
should eliminate it as there may be people who really do need it,
but
they are at most a very small minority.

poc

bg:

Thank you for that concise and penetrating observation, Patrick. I've
saved it to my file
of sig-quotes :-)

For those who might not be fully aware, Digest encourages three of
the
most obnoxious
amongst clueless e-list behaviours;  top-posting,  failure to edit
backquote, and failure
to edit subject line to match the backquote's subject. Digest mode
should have been strangled
in its crib. I have asked many Digest users to supply a justification
for their use, and when
presented with the obvious counterarguments which *any* of those
justifications are heir to, they
have no response beyond gaping like a gaffed grouper :-)

You forgot the most egregious one:

* Blindly replying to a digest without using the special MIME mode
breaks threading.

poc