Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 129, Issue 10

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 13:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 11:36 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

2) Never reply to list digests. If you want to reply to a message
within a digest, use the right-click menu in Evolution.
Hi,

the default digest mode seems to be "Plain Text", at least this is
what
was checked by my account options.

AFAIK digest mode "MIME" is needed to keep subject and thread.

This is true.

http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html

The Debian user mailing list by default is set to send MIME digest,
IIRC
they aren't using mailman and there's no way to get plain text
digest,
but all mailman mailing lists seem to default to plain text digest.

The user can set his own preferred format on the settings page, however
the current default is indeed set to Plain Text. Thanks for pointing
this out.

Unless anyone objects, I propose changing it to MIME.

However as I've said before, the justification for using Digest mode on
lists has virtually disappeared. If at all possible people should avoid
it. It belongs to the days of slow dial-up modems. I'm not saying we
should eliminate it as there may be people who really do need it, but
they are at most a very small minority.

poc