Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 129, Issue 10

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 13:27 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<snip>
However as I've said before, the justification for using Digest mode on
lists has virtually disappeared. If at all possible people should avoid
it. It belongs to the days of slow dial-up modems. I'm not saying we
should eliminate it as there may be people who really do need it, but
they are at most a very small minority.

poc

bg:

Thank you for that concise and penetrating observation, Patrick. I've saved it to my file
of sig-quotes :-)

For those who might not be fully aware, Digest encourages three of the most obnoxious
amongst clueless e-list behaviours;  top-posting,  failure to edit backquote, and failure
to edit subject line to match the backquote's subject. Digest mode should have been strangled
in its crib. I have asked many Digest users to supply a justification for their use, and when
presented with the obvious counterarguments which *any* of those justifications are heir to, they
have no response beyond gaping like a gaffed grouper :-)

Brewster

"We have not given estimates for the time of preparation,
 as some people take half an hour to slice three pounds of mushrooms
 while others take five minutes."

	FROM THE INTRODUCTION
	_Mastering the Art of French Cooking_  by Julia Child et al
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.