Re: [Evolution] How to stop evolution messing with the text of messages

You will need to give the version of Evolution that you are using
because that determines what composer is being used.

I wasn't able to find any option to turn off this annoying behaviour:

I am composing a plain-text message and type the following text, minus the quotes:

'http(s)://<router '

at the moment I hit the space, the text changes to:

http(s)MailScanner warning: numerical links are often malicious: :// ;

That is not normal behaviour - it certainly doesn't happen on my
version (3.16.5).  Are you using an external editor?

The text look likes it comes from the MailScanner package (well,
obviously).  That is normally setup to scan incoming messages on a mail
server and isn't something that I've ever seen installed on a desktop.
If you don't need it (i.e. if you aren't receiving mail by SMTP on your
machine), then I suggest you uninstall it.

P.