Re: [Evolution] Inbox Malformed

On Sat, 2015-11-21 at 11:23 +0000, David wrote:
I tried looking at previous posts with a similar problem where is was
suggested to use sqlite3 $dbfile "pragma integrity_check;" but this
has not worked in this case.

        Hi,
if this is about On This Computer folders, then the most you can lost
by removing the folders.db file completely are custom message flags,
like follow-up, Labels and similar, which are not stored in the message
content/headers, but in the folders.db database.

I'd suggest to move away (or rename) the offending folders.db file with
the evolution being off and then run it. The folders.db file is
recreated on start, in case it's missing. If anything goes wrong, you'd
be able to rename the broken folders.db file back to its original name
or restore from your backup (I suppose you didn't delete it yet) and
try another method to correct the file.

I'd be interested in the corrupted folders.db file for testing, because
there was made a change for 3.20 (to be released the next spring) to do
the rebuild in the background without bothering users, but only if the
open fails, which didn't happen to you, as you can view some folders,
only not the Inbox. I understand it contains private information, thus
this is just an idea. If you still consider to offer it to me, then do
not send it through the list, rather send it directly to me.
        Bye,
        Milan