Re: [Evolution] Problem with inbox file in Evolution 2.30.3

First, 2.30.3 is very old - I know it is the default in some of the
enterprise systems, but it is no longer supported, so you may not get s
full solution.

Hello, we are using evolution in our company, but we have some
problems after about a year of usage: The client saving inbox file at
start and after changing messages in inbox folder and it’s saving
time – very long. It becomes impossible to use application. We found
a way to solve this problem by deleting files Inbox*, folder.db in
~/.evolution/mail/local/ , but we losing all messages after deleting.
After deleting these files the client begins working properly. How
can we solve this problem without losing the letters? Please help us.

At that version I think the local mail folders are still mbox format -
so yes, if the folders get large it does take a long time to store
them.

How big is the inbox? (Both on disk and how many emails.)

Are you purging the deleted messages?

Are you showing the deleted messages? (i.e. turn off "hide deleted
messages.)

P.