Re: [Evolution] access to google addressbook is broken

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 16:46 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Do you know if this procedure will get round the problem of SDDM not
supporting gnome-keyring?

        Hi,
I'm sorry, what does the 'SDDM' stand for, please? Though GOA is also
using gnome-keyring (libsecret) to store passwords and access tokens
(in case of the OAuth), as far as I know.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what this does.

The GOA allows you to configure (online) accounts in one place, then
applications like evolution-source-registry listens for changes in GOA
and provides users all what it can from them. There are multiple
applications which can use GOA-configured accounts in a similar way as
the Evolution does (evolution-source-registry, to be more precise).
Apart of this, evolution doesn't ask libsecret directly for the
passwords (access tokens), but asks GOA to get them.
        Hope it helps,
        Milan

P.S.: There is also a ubuntu-online-accounts module in
the evolution-source-registry, though not that well-tested as
the gnome-online-accounts module.