Re: [Evolution] Saving Email Messages to Disk Automatically

Patrick Huguelet wrote:
Hey,

So I'm having some trouble saving email message to disk. If I move
them to the "On this Computer" folder they appear in the .local
folder as text documents but otherwise I cannot access them on disk
as far as I can find. I'm trying to construct a process that saves
the emails to disk automatically so I can run a program on them at
intervals and save the data into a PostgreSQL database. Is there
anyway to automatically move the emails from my email address to the
computer or a simpler avenue to do what I want?

evolution isn't the best suited tool for that.
If you want to automatically download the contents of a mailbox for
automatically processing them, I would use a program like fetchmail or
mpop (you should configure them to pipe into the script, instead of
using a pre-existing mailbox format like Maildir or mbox).