Re: [Evolution] How do I set evolution to use a particular program when opening e-mail attachments

On Mon, 2015-05-18 at 10:45 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
johnl john-Vostro-3500:~$ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
pdfstudio9.desktop

        Hi,
Evolution relies on GLib to provide the information about the default
and installed applications, which _I think_ uses a different store for
it. You can try with:
   $ gvfs-mime --query application/pdf
though you won't see the difference now, when you've corrected it (the
gvfs-mime has also a --set option). The returned query should give the
same result as you see in the Evolution's UI.
        Bye,
        Milan