Re: [Evolution] GPG Auto download pub keys

On Sun, 10 May 2015 11:24:11 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
PS: I dislike multipart messages sent to mailing lists. Your mail
isn't a text/HTML multipart, but you include your signature and IMO
signing mails sent to mailing lists is redundant.

Why is it redundant?

That's the wrong question.

No it isn't. You made an unsupported assertion. I'm asking you to
support it.

What is it good for to sign a message send to a public mailing list?

That's a different assertion. Saying something is redundant means it
adds no new information. If the reader has confidence in the signing
key, the signature serves to verify the sender. The only verification
done by the mailing list system is the source address, which is easily
forged. Thus the signature does add new information for the interested
reader and is not redundant.

poc