Re: [Evolution] Trouble with Gmail

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 19:12 +0200, Marcin M. wrote:
I'm using Evo 3.10.4-0ubuntu2
The settings are the same as recommended by Google.
I set the period to 5 minutes. Besides, which of the two should I use
get a live update of the e-mail: quick resync or listen for server
change
notifications?

[Please don't top-post on this list].

I use both, but they are optional. That shouldn't affect the
functionality.

That said, Google is known for throttling clients that put too much load
on their servers, so I keep my refresh interval to 20 minutes. I also
limit the number of simultaneous connections to 2 and don't check for
new messages automatically. All this is just guesswork but it seems to
make the system a bit more responsive.

I note that the error message you're getting mentions
imap.googlemail.com. Pinging that server from the Shell gets no
response. The server I use is imap.gmail.com, and it does respond to
pings from the Shell. Maybe that's why you get the error.

poc