Re: [Evolution] Trouble with Gmail

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 14:30 +0200, Marcin M. wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed Evolution and set Gmail up. When Evo starts up, the
inbox is refreshed as it should be. But when the program is open, the inbox
is not being refreshed. Moreover, after clicking Send & Receive, the
operation fails with

Error while Pinging IMAP server imap.googlemail.com.
Error performing NOOP: I/O operation timed out

How can I fix it?

You don't give enough information, such your Evo version (Help->About)
and whether you followed Google's recommendations for IMAP (see
https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en#ts=1665018,1665144)

Also, have you set Receiving Options (under
Edit->Preferences-><account-name>) to check mail periodically?

poc