Re: [Evolution] Trouble with Gmail

I'm using Evo 3.10.4-0ubuntu2
The settings are the same as recommended by Google.
I set the period to 5 minutes. Besides, which of the two should I use to get a live update of the e-mail: quick resync or listen for server change notifications?

--
Marcin

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 14:30 +0200, Marcin M. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Evolution and set Gmail up. When Evo starts up, the
> inbox is refreshed as it should be. But when the program is open, the inbox
> is not being refreshed. Moreover, after clicking Send & Receive, the
> operation fails with
>
> Error while Pinging IMAP server imap.googlemail.com.
> Error performing NOOP: I/O operation timed out
>
> How can I fix it?

You don't give enough information, such your Evo version (Help->About)
and whether you followed Google's recommendations for IMAP (see
https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en#ts=1665018,1665144)

Also, have you set Receiving Options (under
Edit->Preferences-><account-name>) to check mail periodically?

poc