Re: [Evolution] Forward->Rediect, cannot edit msg

On Fri, 2015-03-13 at 00:49 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

In other words, I would expect that if A sends a message to B, and B
redirects it to C, it should appear to C that A sent the message to C
(with, as you say, intermediary headers) and a reply by C will go to A.
The way it appears to me in my version of Evolution (3.10.4) is that the
redirect from B to C will just look like a forwarded message from B to C
without the forwarding indications (headers) in the body of the message.

No, that last bit is not true.  The redirect in Evolution makes it so
that the message as received by C looks like it came from A.  That is
how it has always been and I've been using it in almost every version
Evolution since before version 1.

Hi Pete,

You're right, I sent my test (instead of just judging by what's
displayed in the compose window) and the result did not look the same as
it did in the compose window; the received message (by party C) looked
how I expected and had the extra "Resent-From" and "Resent-To" headers,
as well as all the headers showing the route from A to B and B to C.

So I spoke somewhat out of turn, but hopefully added to the
understanding of the feature for any who were not clear ... which,
apparently, included me. :)

Craig