Re: [Evolution] Forward->Rediect, cannot edit msg

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 23:40 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 13:49 -0700, Craig wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 20:40 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 20:34 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 20:18 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 17:42 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
Although it doesn't seem to do what it does in
another email client I used to use which, although I never used it,
seemed to make more sense to me.

Hard to answer that if you don't say what the other client did
differently.

Not really that important to the discussion at this point. The way you
described in your message a minute before this one is the way I
understand it, but if I click "Redirect" in Evolution I show as the
sender and the original recipient shows in the "To" field. I suppose I
could change the recipient in the "To" field. Haven't actually sent the
message to test, so I don't know if Evolution will change the sender in
the meantime.

In other words, I would expect that if A sends a message to B, and B
redirects it to C, it should appear to C that A sent the message to C
(with, as you say, intermediary headers) and a reply by C will go to A.
The way it appears to me in my version of Evolution (3.10.4) is that the
redirect from B to C will just look like a forwarded message from B to C
without the forwarding indications (headers) in the body of the message.

Just an observation on my part. I'm not pushing for a change here as I
never use this feature anyway.

Craig