Re: [Evolution] Configuring Evolution to work with Axigen Server for Calendar

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 13:30 -0400, Brian Goad wrote:
I am trying to get my calendar to work with Evolution. I am using
version 3.12.10. I get a timeout error when setting the configuration to
web based. I have attempted to use CalDav with no avail. Typically we
use iCal, am I missing a package that gives me that option?

I have never used Axigen, but I work on a WebDAV/CalDAV server, so I
know about the topic in general.

First thing I would do is (a) consult the documentation of the server
for configuration information (b) connect to the server with a generic
WebDAV client, (c) use curl to hit the .well-known URI to see if the
server supports that.

(b) CalDAV is a *superset* of WebDAV, so a CalDAV server is a WebDAV
server [unless it is ***terribly*** implemented].  You can use cadaver
if you like to work in a terminal or GVFS can connect to WebDAV.

   Just aim nautilus at dav://{user} {serverName}/{uri} and you should
be able to access the server, if that doesn't work, Evolution will not
work, as your URI is wrong.

   P.S. You can use davs:// to do WebDAV over HTTPS

(c) curl -u {username} -v http://{servername}/.well-known/caldav

   This should provide an HTTP/301 to the root of the server's CalDAV
collection.  This is the official way for clients to do
auto-configuration when meeting a new server.

curl -v -u adam https://www.example.com/.well-known/caldav
< HTTP/1.1 301 Moved
< Server: nginx/1.4.0