Re: [Evolution] Wot? No spam filters?

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 12:32 +0000, juggle ekit com wrote:
I am using evolution 3.10.04 on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and MATE 1.8.1.

Spam filtering has never worked since I upgraded to 14.04.  I now see
that the options to install either Bogofilter or Spam-Assassin are
missing from the plugins menu.

Any ideas?

It's an issue with the way Ubuntu packages Evolution, which was caused
by a change to the way Evolution builds its code, removing one of the
configuration options around external spam filtering.

I raised it in January on this list in a thread starting here:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-January/msg00062.html

Milan pushed a change for the Evolution configuration issue at the
beginning of February, so it will be fixed in the next release of
Evolution.

Unfortunately I don't think that version of Evo will hit Ubuntu until
release 15.10.  I requested that the fix be backported; Ubuntu bug:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=0b91d60

Start of my request thread:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2015-January/004617.html

I believe there's some commitment to getting it backported and fixed in
the next Ubuntu release, 15.04, but we'll have to see:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2015-March/004640.html