Re: [Evolution] 3.16.3: Failed to refresh folder "INBOX",

On 06/24/2015 11:05 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:
Gnome applications tend to use the GIO libraries.  And
DNS querying programs like nslookup, host and dig go directly to the
DNS server.

Things are complicate further by systems such as nscd - "Name Service
Cache Daemon" that, as it says in the man page, "provides a cache for
the most common name service requests" - and that includes hosts.  The
default TTL for hosts in nscd is 1 hour.

The only time I see references to nscd is in horrible confusing bugs.

If they ignore the DNS TTL and set it to 1 hour I can see why.

I sure hope that GIO hasn't copied that stupid idea. A more probable GIO
user bug is doing the resolve and saving the address object for later
use, never considering that the IP will be different next time.