[Evolution] large attachment causing send problems

Good day, I have a large attachment (54Mb) which appears to be causing a
send problem.  The smtp server resets.  This also seems to be blocking
further sends.  I would like to delete that problematic outbound mail
from the cache, but don't know how.  Using Centos 6.6 with Evo 2.32.3.

However, first things first, this version of Evo seems way outdated.  I
expected automatic updates from the repositories.  Perhaps an update
will help.  So, does anyone have a suggestion for some setting to
automatically update me?  TIA, Barry