From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Search folder has stopped updating
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 06:31:11 +0200

On Thu, 2015-06-11 at 10:24 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
As of last evening, the only way I can get
the search folder to update is to go the original InBox (or the
impax
InBox) and open each one of the new messages.

        Hi,
could you run evolution from a terminal, to see whether anything
is
claimed there? The search folders do not use any persistent
storage,
they are constructed on the fly, fully rely on the used folders
notifications of changes.

By "opening each one of the new messages" you mean exactly what?
Like
viewing its content, to get it into the search folder? I do not
know
your search criteria, but that's quite unlikely to help for me.

Refreshing the search folder does not work.  The box on
automatically
update for changes in source folders is ticker.

Right, that's one option which can influence update, for not-so-
often
-visited-search-folders, where it doesn't make sens to update on
each
single change.

Just in case, could it be that the search folder has set some
additional filter, anything above the message list? There was
(maybe
still is?) a bug about inherited searches internally, but not
with a
visual indication in the UI, thus I would even try to change the
filter
from "All Messages" to something else and back, the same as
filling
something into the Search field, activate the search and then
delete
it, to turn off the searching.

        Bye,
        Milan