Re: [Evolution] Extract a list of names and birthdays & anniversaries out of Evolution

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>
It should be possible to write a Python script to grab the data you are
interested from EDS and write it to a file.  If you are interested in
such a solution I am willing to take a stab at it.

If you are scripting-handy the Python module vobject parses [and
composes] vCard data.
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonvobject/>

Thanks for this! I am not scripting-handy at all ;-) ! A script would be great, although at the moment I
await an answer on a LibreOffice-question that would solve the problem as well:
http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/11147#comment-form
You probably know that LibreOffice can tab EDS as address data source (although without
birthdays&anniversaries data) and in Base you can create reports with layout. This worked well in the past,
but somehow it does not work anymore with the new versions of LibreOffice and Evolution. So far nobody could
help me, but I am still hopeful. Does anybody on this list have an idea why it does not work?

The tool evolution-addressbook-export is good enough for me to extract the birthdays although I lobby for
integrating this in the GUI (see other email).
May I email you again in case I don't find a solution for the LibreOffice problem?