Re: [Evolution] Is there to get an unread mail indicator next to each account name?

On Sun, 2015-07-12 at 10:06 -0700, Nybbles2Bytes wrote:
So I'm guessing from the responses that there is no way to do this
right now. How do we get a request in for this functionality?

        Hi,
you are right, evolution doesn't show anything beside the account name
in the folder list when the account is collapsed. I do not think it's a
good idea to show total unread count for all subscribed/shown folders,
that's impractical in many ways, definitely with performance and the
information itself. For example my accounts receive new mails in other
than Inbox folder too, thus the unread count of Inbox is irrelevant to
me.

What I would rather see is an indication on the collapsed account node
that a new mail was received since the last check. It's not the count,
but only a "flag". Just like with a regular folder, which gets a "star"
emblem indicating that there were received new messages. Ralf sent a
screen-shot of this in this thread. This way you'll know that the
account received a new mail and you can expand it and check what it
was. It's also better than remember how many unread mails there were
the last time, and whether the count increased or not, on your own.

The right place to request an enhancement for this in the Evolution is:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution
but please search the bugzilla first, maybe it's already requested.
It's also good to post a bug link to this thread, thus any archive
reader can follow up.
        Bye,
        Milan