Re: [Evolution] Automatically downloading all e-mails from IMAP server

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 23:42, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I also don't understand how you can have messages which have not been
downloaded but are nevertheless not new. Can you explain what you mean?

They are messages I received from people weeks or months ago. I read
them via webmail. Evolution only downloaded their title/header because
if I go offline it is unable to open their content. So I don't have them
locally.

I tried offlineimap, and it clearly downloaded all messages from all my
accounts. It seems a much better way of making backups. Evolution
doesn't give me the same feeling of control over data. That's a pity,
because I have GNOME as my desktop environment of choice and Evolution
is well integrated in it. With webmail I also don't receive
notifications when a message arrives.