Re: [Evolution] Evolution not starting (SanthanaKrishnan)

On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 13:38 +0000, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)

[Please don't top-post on the list]

I think it can be upgraded but to do that you would probably need to
download Evo from the official website.

Evo is in synch with the version of Gnome, so updating to a radically
different version (e.g. 3.2.x to 3.12.x) it is not as easy as with other
apps. Possible, but definitely not easy.

I'm not sure if it's available as a .deb for easy install so you might
have to download the source-code and build it.  The upside to that is
that it would be tailored to your machine and so it would probably be
quite a bit faster.

I would seriously doubt that, given that the user is presumably not an
expert and Evo is already optimized for the Gnome environment.

poc