Re: [Evolution] Any chance EWS features GetRooms/GetRoomLists will be in Evolution soon?

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 11:49 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
What does no API mean here? I can see in meetings I have to that the
room has type Resource and Role is Non-Participant
so to me there is an API but Evo does not take advantage of it.

        Hi,
I was talking about the Location entry, which is below attendees.
There is no API to populate it with available rooms, the same as there
is no standard way of identify the 'contact' type in vCard 3.1, which
evolution uses. The vCard 4.0 standard has added attributes which can
differentiate the contact type, but evolution (and the evolution-data-
server) doesn't use it right now.

Pref->Calendar and tasks->Publishing Information
Not sure what this is for w.r.t EWS.?

Ah, I see, you do not need it for EWS calendars. The option is there
to publish your Free/Busy information to a 3rd-party place. The EWS
calendars do not need it, the server takes care of the free/busy
information on its own.

I am unable to Create a new meeting in EWS Calendar as Evo thinks
this calendar is Read Only
nor can I change my own status(I always read Needs Action for all
but the Organiser) for a
meeting I have previously accepted.

If evolution thinks your calendar is read-only, then both "changes"
described above may fail. The reason for this read-only state can be
correct, aka when the server reported it, or you may face a bug in
evolution, which got a workaround in time of 3.13.9 or 3.13.8
development version, thus will be part of the upcoming 3.14.0 release
(in time of GNOME 3.16, this spring). If I'm not mistaken, then there
usually helped to open evolution in the Calendar view, with the EWS
calendar enabled, before dealing with meeting invitations in the Mail
view.
        Bye,
        Milan