Re: [Evolution] [ews] 'Listen for server change notifications' stops working

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 15:19 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:

I can try EWS_DEBUG=1 for instance, but that will dump everything
and I'd like to avoid that ; it's much easier to spot problems when
reading debug output just for my issue.

        Hi,
it's EWS_DEBUG=2, which gives you everything EWS related in detail.

Does that do anything more than log all requests and responses? I've
routed Evolution throw a HTTPS proxy and I capture the traffic there.
Also, what request/response types should I look for when debugging the
'listen for change notifications' issue?

The thing is that your problem is EWS related, and the EWS_DEBUG=2 is
the only way how to debug what the evolution-ews does. There is no
more fine-grained debugging for evolution-ews than this. It's about
looking into the log and try to find out why the notification thread
stopped, or just got disconnected, or basically what happened.

I see some strange occurrences during normal operation, not 100% sure
if they're related, but ...

Most of the HTTP calls succeed ( 200 OK ) but from time to time I see
groups of 3 request failing with status 401. The calls which work fine
have Basic Auth with username and password set. The calls which fail
either have NTLM authentication set or basic auth without a password.

All failing calls were 'GetFolder' invocations for inbox. And they're
always in groups of three, in the same order: NTML, Basic Auth without
password, NTLM. The value of the Authorization: NTLM ... header is
always the same. The basic auth calls also have a 'ClientId=...'
cookie, which seems to change after a successful re-authentication.

Thanks,

Robert