Re: [Evolution] Evolution unusable after update from 3.8 to 3.18

just switch my system from fedora 19 to fedora 23, so I updated my
evolution from 3.8 to 3.18 basically.
Importing evolution settings from an backup worked fine as far as I can
see.

What sort of account are you talking about?  POP, IMAP, EWS, Gmail, ...

But evolution is extremly slow opening the mailboxes now, waiting for

Are they local folders or remote?  Have you run evolution from the
command line?  Anything significant?

Have you run it with debugging messages enabled? What is it doing when
it shows that message?

The mailbox is a little special: over 6000 folders, but only 70
subscribed. Looks like the newer evolution scans all folders in detail,
even the unsuscribed.

The messages in the bottom bar of the evolution window shows which
folders are being looked at - do the messages show that it is looking
at unsubscribed folders?

BTW as far as I can see Evolution IMAP only plays with subscribed
folders and leaves others untouched. But I can't comment on other
account types.

P.