Re: [Evolution] Evolution unusable after update from 3.8 to 3.18

Am Freitag, den 11.12.2015, 09:18 +0100 schrieb Oliver Paukstadt:
Hello

just switch my system from fedora 19 to fedora 23, so I updated my
evolution from 3.8 to 3.18 basically.
Importing evolution settings from an backup worked fine as far as I can
see.

But evolution is extremly slow opening the mailboxes now, waiting for

The mailbox is a little special: over 6000 folders, but only 70
subscribed. Looks like the newer evolution scans all folders in detail,
even the unsuscribed.

The same has already happened to me with 3.2. - though only with the
nntp provider thus only with accounts which use the "kind of server =
usenet news".

I cannot see this makes sense at all. Which makes this worse is there
are some large readonly folders which are compressed.

I looked for some setting to change this braindead behaviour, because I
want my subscribed folders fast, not having collected information about
unsuscribed folders I will only look at once a year.

Any ideas?