Re: [Evolution] How to easily archive imap email

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 17:18 -0500, dave boland wrote:
two other question.  My isp says they support pop3.  Would I be smart
to use that instead of imap+ and leave the mail on the server (which
is what I used to do, and I assume Evolution 3.16.5 can still do)?

Definitely not. POP (including POP3) does not support folders on the
server side, or indeed many other features of IMAP. The only purpose in
setting "leave on server" for POP is so you can read your mail from
multiple clients, and even then it's usually assumed that one of those
clients will delete the mail from the server after downloading it.

IMHO the only justification for using POP is when the server side
doesn't support IMAP.

poc