Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.x and the delete key

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 14:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I think we are talking at cross purposes here. The message displayed
is the correct one, but after deleting a message the next one shown
in the preview window (or viewing pane) is opened so that the
last/middle few lines are displayed rather than the top lines of the
message.

        Hi,
I see, I misunderstood it. Thanks for the clarification.

It's as if it has remembered the section of the message being displayed
and applied that to the next message. I would have thought that every
time a new message is opened, the view should be reset to the top of
the message.

I cannot reproduce it, I tried to delete my previous message in this
thread, which moved me to your reply, being done in the same time
(parent of this message). I had both messages downloaded locally
already. What I see is thit:

a) message is selected, scrolled a bit lower
b) press Delete to delete it
c) message is deleted
   the next is selected
   the preview changes to "Retrieving message 'xxx'"
d) the next message is shown in the preview panel, with
   the scrollbar at the top.

The content of "Retrieving message 'xxx'" resets scrollbar positions as
a side effect. There was an opposite bug report, scrollbar position
changed when user moved to another window (focus moved out of the
evolution window), which exhibited mostly in GNOME Shell, where the
focus change changed also theme state. There was done a fix for it. If
I recall correctly, it doesn't manipulate with scroll bars, but does
the theme color propagation differently.
        Bye,
        Milan