Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Gmail not playing

On Mon, 2015-08-24 at 19:56 +1000, Alex McConnell wrote:
Ever since installing Ubuntu 15.04 I have had a combination of
problems with Evolution

Means nothing - please use Evolution version numbers, not distro
version numbers.

Evolution seems to stall part through a pop download from Gmail.  I
have a number of pop accounts set up in Evolution, two of which are
Gmail but it alsways seems to be the more heavily trafficed one which
causes the problem.

The solution is in the archives

Edit -> Preferences -> [select account] -> Edit -> Receiving options

and reduce the number of concurrent connections to '1'.

Gmail aggressively throttles connections that it thinks are hitting it
too hard - it interprets more than one concurrent connection as being
too much.

After it stalls, I have to use xkill to kill Evolution.

Use 'evolution --force-shutdown' from a command line.

I have updated Evolution to 3.16.0 from the ppa to see if that helps
but the behaviour seems to be unchanged.

3.16.5 is the most recent version.

P.