Re: [Evolution] [OT] edit keyboard shortcuts

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2015, 20:25 +0200 schrieb Herr Oswald:
I'd need to edit keyboard shortcuts - happily I found F6 to
jump
between the 3 sections of the main window, but F6 is not very
handy
for me, so I need to modify it.

Thanks for that hints. I already found the accels file, but mine
doesnot include a "F6" entry, so it seems I cannot change the "change
the active section" key. Is it hardcoded?

But there should be another way of changing keyboard shortcuts:
Highlight the menu item, then press your desired key, described here:

https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/keyboard-shortcuts-set.html.en

But it doesnt do a thing a my machine (ubuntu 15.04, evo 3.16.0).
Am I too stupid (my guess)? - Or did ubuntu people break it? There is a
very old bug report at ubuntu (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/151407) about a similar issue.

Well, obviously I'm the only mouse hater around, not many people are
seriously bothered...

Cheers,
Wolf

Found the following. This appears to be for gtk2, though:
http://mntnoe.com/2010/02/keybindings-in-gtk-applications/

For gtk3, the following may be of help:

-----------
http://askubuntu.com/questions/37313/how-do-i-deactivate-f1-and-f10-keybindings-in-gnome-terminal
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1017546#p1017546:

Fixed it for me, don't know if it's a correct solution.
For gtk-2 apps add this in ~/.gtkrc-2.0

binding "NoKeyboardNavigation" {
        unbind "<shift>F10"
}

class * binding "NoKeyboardNavigation"
For gtk-3 apps like gnome-terminal and nautilus I created a new file:
~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

@binding-set NoKeyboardNavigation {
        unbind "<shift>F10"
}

* {
        gtk-key-bindings: NoKeyboardNavigation
}
[edit]I did have to close _all_ terminal windows before these changes
were in effect.[/edit]

Last edited by twouters (2011-11-16 19:58:02)

Hope that helps,

--
thomas