Re: [Evolution] Cannot connect to gmail account any longer

On Tue, 2015-08-11 at 13:05 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2015-08-11 at 12:01 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
I don't have gnome-control-center installed at all. And it cannot
be
installed since it depends on gnome-settings-daemon which depends
on
libpam-systemd.

      Hi,
that's interesting. How did you create the account then? Was it by
restore from a different machine, where the GOA was available?
(Though
see below).

Machine has been restarted already.

I see. I would expect the Debian has the GOA and gnome-control-center
available (it's sometimes packages as control-center, without the
prefix "gnome-"). But I do not run Debian, thus I cannot tell.

The only hit by googling is https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45394

Aah, it references even the fix (kind of), and reports 3.16.4 has it
fixed. They are right, the fix doesn't correct already broken
account,
it "only" avoids breakage of newly created accounts, thus the
recreate
of the account is needed.

It also makes more sense to me now. I suppose you didn't use GOA at
all, you entered your GMail account directly in the Evolution and
ticked at the end of the New Account Wizard to create also the
Contacts and possibly Calendars.

Yes, that's how I remember doing it.

Just go to Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts and delete the GMail
account there. Then create it again, but do not let it create the
Contacts. The Contacts require OAuth2 authentication, which evolution
currently supports only through GOA.

I managed to install GOA, it does not depend on *systemd*, which gnome
-control-center do. Would removing and adding the gmail account work
fine then, goa version is 3.16.3-1?

I do not think the roundtrip of adding the new account will be of any
help if you'll still use the 3.16.3 though, as that will break the
newly created account again.

I'll file a bug for 3.16.3 in Debian, so they hopefully upgrade to
3.16.4/5.

Thanks!