[Evolution] Right Clicking in To: Field deselects current selection.

Dear list, following usage scenario. Select some address in the To: Field of the message composer. Right-Click and wanting to go to the popup menu "copy" makes the current selection vanish instead.

Note when I hit left mouse button and pull down to select everything to the end of the line, it works. If I hit left mouse button and pull somewhat to the right to select only a part, as soon I hit the right mouse button, it deselects the current selection.

Client is Evolution 3.4.4 on Debian.

Please help how to get rid of this interface smudge

Kind regards, Axel