Re: [Evolution] How does evolution pick the browser to open links with?

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 12:20 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Hi,

I recently performed a fresh install of my system and am now using
Evolution 3.16.0 ( openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64, KDE 4.14.6, GTK 3.16.0
).

I have set the Firefox as the default browser through KDE; xdg-open
https://some/link opens the link in Firefox as expected. I
double-checked using xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/http (
and https ) and the result is kfmclient_html.desktop.

However, Evolution uses Google Chrome to open all links from emails.
Any idea why that happens?

        Hi,
Evolution uses gtk_show_uri() to open most of the URIs, thus it might
be something with the function internals which breaks the opening.
I thought they do use the x-scheme-handler settings.
        Bye,
        Milan