Re: [Evolution] per-message From: header

On Sun, 2015-04-05 at 23:49 -0700, Craig wrote:
On Sun, 2015-04-05 at 19:01 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
I like to give a different email address to everybody who asks so that
it's easy to blacklist the ones that attract spam.  For example:

hertz mydomain com
jetblue mydomain com
hyatt mydomain com
etc.

Is there a way to get Evolution to send mail with a custom From: header
that could be specified independently for each message, e.g.

Carl Schaefer <hertz mydomain com>

without defining a separate account in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts
for each such From: address?  That approach works, but it doesn't scale
to the number of addresses I have.

My other mail client (emacs) makes this very easy, since I can edit the
headers as plain text, just like the body.

thanks!
Carl

I use the same system, and would also benefit from a per-message way to
edit the sender.

The way to register interest is to file an RFE (Request For Enhancement)
on the Evo Bugzilla page. Doesn't mean it will get done, but it will be
remembered and others can comment on it.

poc