Re: [Evolution] How does evolution choose apps with which to open attachments?

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 16:55 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Evolution gives me a different set of apps to open PDF attachments for
different messages.  The strangest one, which I got just lately gives
me this choice:
      * Save As
      * Libre Office Write
      * Abiword
      * Okular
      * Calligra Words
      * Other Application

Looks like a list of applications that registered on your system as "I
can open files with the MIME type "application/pdf"."

Other Application gives a very strange list:
      * Account Wizarg
      * Akregator
      * Amarok
      * Amarok
      * AMZ Downloader
      * ...
      * Okular <16 times>
      * ...
      * Yumex Package Installer

Looks like a list of applications that can open files with MIME type
"application/octet-stream" or some other fallback MIME type, if the
sender's application did not manage to set a correct MIME type.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/