[Evolution] How does evolution choose apps with which to open attachments?

Evolution gives me a different set of apps to open PDF attachments for different messages.  The strangest one, which I got just lately gives me this choice: Other Application gives a very strange list: One thing NOT included among the "Other Applications" is acroread, which is installed on my system, and which is what I wanted.  (It is, of course, possible to open attachments as desired by saving them and then opening the files saved.)

As I wrote, these lists are different for PDF attachments contained in different emails.  How does evolution generate these lists?  Is there any convenient way to change them?

Thanks - jon